Pages

Thursday 26 November 2015

Athletics

                            Athletics
For some it can be scary, for some it can be exciting! For me it was just wanting to get it over and done with. I’m not a big fan of Athletics. But this year that totally changed.

Last Friday was our school’s annual athletics day. Everybody gathering in the court wearing the house colours blue, red, green and yellow, gave such a great vibe for the rest of the day.

To start off the house captains came up to the front to encourage everyone and to announce what the new house names were.
(Old names to new names)
  • Te Arawa - Te Aurere - Red
  • Matatua - Hokulea - Green
  • Takitimu - Hikianalia - Yellow
  • Tainui - Hinemoana - Blue

My house is red. I’m not to sure if it was a competition and houses win. But either way everyone gave everything a go and we all won.

At my last school we didn’t have as many activities then there are here. Some of the activities that we had this year were.

  • High jump
  • Sprints
  • Long jump
  • Softball throw
  • Relay
  • Skipping
  • Small relay
  • Javelin
  • Tug of war
  • Hurdles

I had a blast with all of these activities. The only one that got me a bit shaky, was the sprints. But as soon as Mr Burt slammed shut that clapper. I was off.

Ok I was the last one. But I was so glad that I gave it a go and I didn't have a break down.

At the end of the day I was exhausted! I just wanted to go back home have a shower and go to sleep. But once I got home that’s exactly what I did.




(Last Friday was not Athletics. This was a piece of work in my drive from like 2 weeks ago)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the day Alexis, well done for giving everything a go!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.