Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

I have enjoyed my weekend very much!

Queens Birthday Weekend. It's raining and sunny I've had a pretty good weekend but on Sunday, what I saw was stunning!

I woke up on Sunday morning it was so cold. My fingers were shaking I tried to keep warm but I only had one blanket and my other blanket had fallen. For some reason I just really wanted to go down stairs. So I wrapped my big duvet blanket around me and almost slid down the stairs on my sister stupid jacket. 

I got down stairs and switched on the T.V. I watched What Now for a little bit.


Then my mum and step dad woke up. My step dad told me to get changed because we were going somewhere that day. I was still tired and I didn't really feel like getting up and doing anything that day, but I am so lucky that I did. I quickly got changed my comfy pants because from the hints that my parents were giving me, we were going to be out a while.


First stop:
The place where we went first was Botany. We stopped in for breakfast and straight after Kiwi Yo. At first I didn't really want to eat anything. Then I was feeling a bit peckish and decided that I would have a Big Mac Combo. ( We got to Botany about an hour and half after the breakfast menu. ) When I got my burger I was surprised because usually when I get burgers from Mc Donalds, they're always messy. But this burger was perfectly made and delicious and hot! 



Second Stop:
The Kiwi Yo that I then had afterwards was very enjoyable. I had a banana and mango yogurt with cookies jubes, hokey pokey and sherbet. But my mum and step dad had the Kiwi Yo waffles, I tried a little bit but they weren't very... what's the word... Oh yeah tasty. They tasted burnt and over cooked, my one was scrumptious.

Now we are on our way!!!
We made our way back to the car and headed off towards Howick. I just gazed around at the ocean views and fancy houses. 

As we kept on driving I had my earphones in and just had my eyes closed listening to the relaxing music. When I opened my eyes we were driving around farmland. It was so amazing! The hills and great green grass, it was definitely something that you wouldn't see in the city. The sites were just breath taking. ( Well for me it was. ) The hills were beautiful with all the farm animals running around it was so cool to see.

Ha there was this part of the drive when we sped past a large paddock of sheep. We saw them up a head but we didn't realize that we were so close to them. Then when we drove past they fled like byson running away from wolves!

My step dad said that he had heard that Clevedon had really good tasting oysters. I'm not a big fan of seafood but he is. He said he could eat seafood everyday. So we stopped in at the Clevedon Oyster Farm and got him 2 dozen oysters. ( 2 Dozen: 24 )

Next we headed to Kawakawa Bay. Kawakawa Bay is just further ahead from Clevedon. There were barley any shops around by Kawakawa, there was only a dairy, a tire repair place and cafe. I asked my mum

" Where would they go shopping? " She said the dairy that was by the beach. Although if the members of that community wanted to do a good shop the closest place that they could go was Manukau! Which was probably about an half an hour drive or longer.

We then made our way back home to Auckland. On our way home I nodded off to sleep. Until we hit a bump in the road and I then woke up. My mum, step dad and I had a pretty awesome day, there was so much to see out the country side. All of the beautiful hills and paddocks, it was just so amazing! One day you should go for a drive out to the country side you'll be blown away by the views.











4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic weekend Alexis! All of your stops sound like they were worthwhile!

    Keep up with the fantastic recounts!
    Miss Clark :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was a really good story stinky (wink wink) but where was your sister?
    I've never been to kawakawa bay..
    yes I'm being nosey on your page! we were looking at your school's blogs at school today and I found yours.. how lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was a really good story pinky (wink wink) but where was your sister?
    I've never been to kawakawa bay..
    yes I'm being nosey on your page! we were looking at your school's blogs at school today and I found yours.. how lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alexis awesome writing bub it sounds like you had fun. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.