Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

My letter to Mr Burt for the seal of approval.

Dear Mr Burt                         22/6/15

Kia Ora Mr Burt my name is Alexis and I am a proud student of the year 7 and 8 block at Point England School. I am writing to get your seal of approval for what I have been doing for inquiry these past 3 weeks.

On the first week that we started this inquiry project we had to walk around the school and look at problems and try to figure out solutions.

Our first stop was the outside bays of the senior area. I scanned around to see what kind of things needed attention… I was looking and looking and looking then it hit me. Lucy’s pencil hit me in the back. But after that I found a great idea, and this is what this letter is about. Here is my idea to make the year 7 and 8 block better...

...Benches for the outside bays! You know benches to sit on, to relax and maybe just sit with your friends. Since there are no benches in the outside bays around the year 7 and 8 block I thought that it may be time for there to be some, well one.

I have started on getting my materials with my dad to start creating my bench, I am in a group on my own but my dad is very much supporting me and helping me build my bench. Well I’m not really on my own, my dad is in my group.

I have planned that I will make a real bench that can go outside my classroom. Although there is one little bump in the road, I will not be able to make 5 benches for all of the classrooms I will only be able to make one for room 2.

Now that I have told you what my idea is I would like to ask you if I would be allowed to put the bench on the wall side by room 2. The side by the door next to the sink. Also if it would be alright if I could concrete it down to the ground so that it won’t get stolen or taken. If you have another way to make it stay on the ground instead of concrete send me a email so that I can get that sorted. I was just thinking concrete because then the bench would be able to stick to the ground firmly. I would love to make benches for the other classes but I only have enough materials and money to make one.

I would love to have your seal of approval so that then room 2 will be able to have a bench of their own.
P.S. If you do not know who I am I was the girl that saved your coffee today and let the ball hit my back. I am also Dominique H's little big sister.
Kind Regards, Alexis H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.