Pages

Monday 8 June 2015

A trip around town! ( Well a trip around school.)

A trip around town. (Friday Recount)

In the morning it was freezing cold, I wanted to get on with the day. RING! The bell rang. Everyone rushed into the street. We did our morning mihi, karakia and notices for the day. Then the other bell rang, we all got up and headed for the hall for morning assembly.

After the assembly everyone left the hall and went back to their classes.

My class went to the mat. Miss Tito took the roll and told us what we would be doing for the morning.

First we had to find a partner. My partner was Lucy, the work that we did was on my chromebook. We had to make a table in a doc. 6 across, 15 down. We had to write in the top boxes. She said that we had to put these words into them...
Area
Problem
Solutions
Positives
Minuses
Interesting
I really had no idea what we were doing. Until Miss Tito said that we were going to be lining up outside, then I was a real eager beaver to get out and about around the school grounds. I really wanted to go around the school because the last time I got a chance to go around the school was back when there was a playground around by the year 5 and 6 block, and there wasn’t as much construction going on around the school.

We got into two rows next to our partners, almost as if we were on a bus. We headed off around the school searching for problems and trying to come up with solutions.

Our first stop was the outside bay of the classroom. Well that was our first outside stop the very first stop was in the classroom. We had to first put the Area that we were in underneath the box,
Area
Then we had to search around the area to find a problem in that space. Lucy and I chose this…
There is no where to sit outside when the ground is cold and wet.
We chose this because sometimes the girls like to sit outside and just talk. Although sometimes the ground is wet so there is no where to sit. So we thought that was a problem in the area.

We then continued to go around the school going to area’s like the Breeze, The courts, the Whare Fono The Village and Middle earth. But after all of that walking around we both were thinking that we would like to stick with the idea that there is no where to sit when it is wet outside. We thought that we could come up with a pretty good solution.

After all I really enjoyed going around the school. I got to go around parts of the school that I hadn’t been able to go around that much since I started this year. Anyway, I felt really happy about walking around the school nothing was messed up or in bad condition it all seemed to be in ship shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.