Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2015

United Kingdom. Summer Learning Journey

            United Kingdom

Hmm why did I choose the UK?... Ohh Maybe it’s because Big Ben stands tall there, and another thing they probably have many different varieties of tea, bacon butties and the best that there is the QUEEN!

I always thought that visiting England would be really cool. Things like bacon butties and where Fish and Chips where they originally came from really made me want to go over there and try some of my favourite foods in their home country.

  1. Tea has always been the nation’s favourite drink, so much that 165 million cups of tea are drunk every day
  2. 4real is a baby name banned in the UK
  3. Superman is also another name banned in the UK

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis,

    It is wonderful to see that you have chosen to join the Summer Learning Journey! You have made a great choice to travel to the United Kingdom. It is such an interesting place. I lived in Norwich, England for 3 years and I loved it! I had no idea, however, that there are approximately 165 million cups of tea drunk every day. That's amazing! I wonder how many cups of tea we drink here in New Zealand on a daily basis...

    Please keep on participating in the Summer Learning Journey and sharing your fascinating facts! It's so great to have you involved in the programme.

    Cheerio (as they say in England),
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis,

    How interesting! I can see that London is definitely a city in England you would like to visit - are there any other places that you would recommend? I am currently living in Germany, and I am hoping to pop over to the United Kingdom a few times while I am living in this part of the world. It is much closer (1 to 2 hr flight!!) than going there from NZ. How long would it take you to fly to London?

    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexis! This is a friendly reminder that tomorrow (Tuesday 26 January) is the final day of the Summer Learning Journey. If you're keen to earn a few more points and be in to win a prize please log on and blog tonight/tomorrow. I'll check your blog again tomorrow to see if you've posted anything new!

    Cheers :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.