Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

PolyFest 2015


                                                 

Yesterday was a very exciting day. Most of the people in the intermediate block at Point England school got invited to ASB’s Poly Fest in Manukau Auckland! It wasn’t a super sunny day but that was also good because then we wouldn’t be tired and restless while we were going around the grounds, its also good that it didn’t rain. Or else those fire safety people would have had to have a plan B to light that fire, wait I’ve said too much…

In the morning everyone came to school on time packed and ready for the long day ahead. My mum came to school not so long after me she was one of the parent helpers for the trip. The buses arrived a bit early so they just had to wait outside the school until it was time for us to get on the bus. Although they may have given us pay back for us making them wait, because they dropped us off at the wrong entrance! We didn’t know that we had been dropped off at the wrong entrance so we just waited until Mrs Tele’a’s bus got there. We waited, and waited and waited! We were all thinking where her bus was, then one of the teachers got a hold of Mrs Tele’a. Then that’s when we found out that we got dropped of at the wrong entrance! The security guards tried to make us walk around to get to the other entrance, but then the teachers worked a bit of their magic and we were then allowed through the entry closest to us.

We all were so happy to have finally got in through the gates but the fun hadn’t begun just yet…

We all ran over to the group that was with Mrs Tele’a and where a few other schools were sitting. We ran over to them and took a seat down on the not so green grass. Another lady was talking out to all the children, she told us a special guest was coming. I was really hopping that it would the one and only Stan Walker I once saw him live at a wedding you know! Then the “Special guest” came out… and it was… John Key the prime minister of New Zealand. GO LABOUR!!!! I wasn’t really fussed about seeing him I just wanted to have fun!

After we got told what we were going to be doing for the day we went to our first stop the Fire Safety guys. When we went over there, there was a part that was blocked off I was wondering what that was all about, but then after the big boom I knew why. There was almost like half of the back of a van that had a pot that had cooking oil in it, the pot was on a stove like thing but not an actual stove. We just stood there and waited for around 10 minutes until the smoke that was blowing out of the pot died down and turn into a fire! When the fire came alive it slowly started to grow a bit larger. I stood there in amazement just staring at the fire. The men were asking us questions about what to do during a fire e.t.c. The men then told us never put water on a fire or else… Then he put the cup of water on the fire, and it came roaring at us! It felt burning hot on my face. But it was so amazing! I ran to the back of the group I jumped out of my skin.

Afterwards my group went a few other activities and we had a blast the Flava activity was pretty fun. We played a quick clapping game then we got into group of 5 and took a photo together in our group, it was kind of like a big selfie except there was no one holding a phone.

Everyone then got back together at the same place that we met and had morning tea. I kept on begging my mum if she could get me something from one of the stalls, but the answer was no. Until lunch time when I stole her chop suey! That was a pretty good chop suey too.
My mum shouted her group ice creams and I was lucky because I was in that group as well and it was my idea to get ice creams for the group, so they can thank me.

Everyone then met up around by the maori stage which is where we got packed up and ready to get back on the bus for the bumpy ride home. The teachers shuffled us kids along and waited for the buses ( we did a lot of waiting that day, mostly half of the day was waiting around ) All other classes hopped on the bus before room 2 ( that’s my class ) While we waited for the next bus to arrive. Boys were in the back carpark playing games with some of the stuff that was in the gift bags that we got from the ASB tent, well more like the big yellow sponge tent. You could see the big blow up ASB tent from anywhere in the grounds.

On the bus ride back to school I was tired and just sat with my mum I was not really talking to her I was too tired to speak. I just sat and enjoyed the bus ride back to school.

When we finally got back to school I fell off the bus but I caught myself. We met back in the street where the helpers then got some gifts and that’s when I gave my mum a look that told her those Easter eggs were mine! After all I had a pretty awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.