Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2015

My writing from last term. This piece of writing is about a really really awesome day that day that had happened. Enjoy!

The day I got the Writers Cup!!!

Last year was the biggest year of my life! At my graduation I won my very first trophy! It was also the biggest trophy at graduation and I was really hoping that I would get that trophy, mostly because my teacher said I had improved so much in my writing. Then when I heard my name get called out I was stoked! After I went up and shook Mrs Martin’s ( the principal ) hand I couldn’t wipe the smile of my face that came up faster than lightning. Plus I was smiling even before I got the trophy, when I got my certificate I got given 7 lolly necklaces everyone else kept on staring at me and asking for lollies. I never knew that people voted for me. Now I’m going to explain a little bit about how I got there.


At the start of 2014 I wasn’t a very strong writer. My teacher Ms. D, encouraged me by giving me work sheets during writing time and just told me to keep going. Then I quickly I started to progress more and more. Going through writing tests and even doing small things like writing out passages from books and editing peoples work, helped me out a lot. Mz. D always said that I was one of the best editors in the class. So if I finished my work early she’d say that anyone else that had finished their work would have to conference with me before going to her… I loved it.


At Riverina ( My old school )we didn’t have our own netbooks we just used books, but there were also times when we used the class laptops. When we used them we were either publishing our work from our books or going on Studyladder for maths. The times when we were publishing our work I’d always try to make the most of the time I had, because I did enjoy going on the laptops. I was learning plenty of new features on the laptop that I didn’t even know existed!


The trophy was really heavy, and it was so big that it could barely fit under my chair so I had to shove that big trophy under my chair. The trophy was a shiny golden colour and has a big block at the bottom of the trophy with a plaque that says, Riverina School Writers Cup Presented By Annette Shields. One of the meanest teachers that had ever been at that school.


My mum, dad, step dad, sister, Aunty, Uncle and Nana came to my graduation, and they didn’t know about me getting the trophy. My mum said that usually a member of the staff will tell the parents if your child is going to be given an award so then you can get ready to take photos, but this time they didn’t. But my family did catch some photos… Lucky!


After graduation my family were still taking photos of me and were congratulating me and eating all of my lollies. I also took a few photos with my best friends LiNa and Lavinia we just talked and talked until we had to leave. The night when I got my first trophy the Writers Cup was the best night of my life! Then it wasn’t until a couple days later when I then noticed that my name was engraved in the trophy I laughed and laughed my name and Travis’s name were engraved in small letters by the handles on the trophy. So I kind of get why I didn’t see them in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.